Thursday, June 10, 2010

Memorial Day

I know this post is so late, but I just haven't been able to sit and work on the blogs. I actually have three more to write. In our bible study at church we started Beth Moore's study Esther and I have been trying to spend more time in the bible than on the internet.

Anyway, for the Memorial weekend we went to Gulf Shores with Lance, Victoria and Claire and we had a great time. I am so glad we went when we did. There were no signs of oil on the beaches at that time. We had a great time and Reid really enjoyed the sun and the water. He wasn't so sure about the ocean at first. He seemed like he was afraid on the noise at first and then I am not sure if he thought the water was to cold, but it took him awhile till he finally seemed to enjoy it.

We can't wait till next year when we will be chasing Reid and Claire up and down the beach. We would spend the mornings on the beach and the afternoons at the pool. We purchased this sun dome that would provide just enough shade that we would give the babies their morning naps in the shade and then we would go to the pool and spend the early afternoon at the pool. We would then go up and give them lunch and let the babies have an afternoon nap.

Reid did not sleep well in his pack n play.. it was actually pretty miserable for all of us so we ended up putting Reid in the bed with me and Justin slept on the couch. This was the first time I had ever slept with Reid and I LOVED it. Justin was so afraid that when we came back home Reid would still want to sleep with me, but he didn't. He readjusted back to his bed with no problem.

I was so paranoid the whole time that Reid was going to get sunburned, so I put lots and lots of sunscreen on him. I think it actually broke his face out some. So in some of the pictures you can tell his face looked chapped.

We all said that Reid looks like an old man with his sun hat on and that he looked like he is ready to go and play some dominoes ha ha.

Beware: Never plan to leave Gulf Shores Memorial Day.. the traffic was awful.. it normally takes us like an hour and a half and Monday it took 3 hours to get home. We learned our lesson, maybe it will be a good excuse to stay an extra day next year.

Enjoy the pictures from Reid's first trip to the beach.....
































No comments:

Post a Comment