Saturday, July 23, 2011

Week at the beach

We spent the last week in Perdido, Fl and we had a blast. We stayed with our friends the Waltman's and Sullivan's. It is so fun to go with friends to the beach. There was never a dull moment. Reid loves to swim and play at the beach. Thank goodness I have a baby that loves the sun, water and sand. I can't wait till next year when Meg can come too.

We were able to see some of Justin's cousins, aunt and uncle while we were there.
They were there on their vacation also. That was a nice treat.

Each family was responsible for providing one meal that week and let me tell you the food did not disappoint. We ate good every night. I even got a new recipe out of the deal, enchiladas. They were so good. I can't wait to make them for Justin and I.

I need to post this just so I can remember the night that wasn't to be. I have been so fortunate that since Reid was 4 weeks old he has slept through the night. We had our own room at the beach and the closet was so big that we were able to put Reid in his pack n play in the closet. We would leave one door open, but he could push the other door open when he would wake up and he could see us. He slept great every night until the last night. He woke up at 2am and did not go back to sleep until 5:30. He cried on and off the entire time. I was so frazzled because I did not want him to wake up the other people in the condo. Justin even went out on the balcony to try and get him to settle down. Nothing was working. At one point I asked Justin to take him to the car and put him in his car seat and let them both just sleep in the car. Of course Justin didn't do that, but I was getting desperate. Finally he fell asleep at 5:30 this morning. I was exhausted. I have always wanted Reid to sleep with me, well I can tell you I am over that now. He wanted to sleep on top of me with his arms around my neck. Of course I let him, but that meant no sleep for me. It did make for some great cuddling once he went to sleep.

We are home now and trying to get settled back in our routine. I am glad Reid has his bed back.

Sorry for the picture overload, but I want to remember our trip to the beach.

















1 comment:

  1. I am having problems posting a comment. Will try again. I love all the pictures of Reid on the beach!! He is sooo precious. The matching hat/swimwear are so cute. He really loves the water/beach. He and Claire are just too sweet together. Glad you are home and hope you all have a great week. Love you, Pop & Kay-K

    ReplyDelete